The Website (defined below) is provided by Mattel Southeast Asia Pte Ltd, and its subsidiaries, including, without limitation, Fisher-Price, Inc. and other Mattel’s Brands, LLC (collectively, "Mattel", "we", "our", or "us"). These "Terms and Conditions of Website Use" (this "User Agreement") govern your use of the Website, regardless of how you access or use it. By "Website", we mean the Internet domain address within which this User Agreement is posted and all features, applications, content, and downloads that are operated by us and that are available through or interact with it, and/or post links to this User Agreement.
IF YOU'RE UNDER THE AGE OF MAJORITY (which is 18 years old in most states), then your parent or guardian may be liable for some or all of your activities on the Website. Because of this, and because it’s prudent for your parent or guardian to be aware of your activities, including the websites that you visit, you should make your parent or guardian aware that you are using the Website – as this User Agreement and your use of the Website affect their legal rights and obligations.
IF YOU WANT TO USE THIS WEBSITE, then carefully read this User Agreement, as it constitutes a written agreement between you and Mattel and it affects your legal rights and obligations.
Each time you access and/or use the Website (other than to simply read this User Agreement), you agree to be bound by and comply with all of the terms of this User Agreement and any Additional Terms (defined below). Therefore, do not use the Website if you do not agree to all of the terms of this User Agreement and any Additional Terms.
The business realities associated with operating the Website are such that, without the limitations that are set forth in this User Agreement -- such as your grants and waivers of rights, the limitations on our liability, your indemnity of us, and our arbitration of certain disputes -- Mattel would not make the Website available to you.
Summary of Key Terms
It's important that you read this entire User Agreement; but, here are some of the more significant terms that we want to bring to your attention:
- Each time you use the Website, this User Agreement applies to your use. Any updates to it will apply to you; so you should check back frequently for any updates.
- You may only use the Content on the Website in connection with your permitted activities on the Website – and not in an offline environment or on another website. (See Sections 1(C), 2(A), and 2(B) below. You may not use the Website for commercial, political, or inappropriate purposes. (See Sections 1(C) and 2(A) below.)
- By using the Website, you will not obtain any ownership or intellectual property or other interest in it or any virtual or other items that may be used in connection with it. (See Sections 1(B), 1(C) below.)
- Mattel is providing the Website to you on an “as is” basis, without any warranty of any kind, and Mattel’s liability to you in connection with your use of the Website is very limited. (See Sections 6 and 7 below.)
In some instances, both this User Agreement and separate guidelines, rules, or terms of service or sale setting forth additional or different terms and/or conditions will apply to your use of the Website or to a service or product offered via the Website (in each such instance, and collectively, “Additional Terms”). To the extent there is a conflict between this User Agreement and any Additional Terms, the Additional Terms will control unless the Additional Terms expressly state otherwise.
1. Website Content, Ownership, Limited License, and Rights of Others.
- Content. The Website contains a variety of: (i) materials and other items relating to Mattel and its products and services, and similar items from our licensors and other third parties, including all layout, information, text, data, files, images, scripts, designs, graphics, button icons, instructions, illustrations, photographs, audio clips, music, sounds, pictures, videos, advertising copy, URLs, technology, software, interactive features, the “look and feel” of the Website, and the compilation, assembly, and arrangement of the materials of the Website and any and all copyrightable material (including source and object code); (ii) trademarks, logos, trade names, service marks, and trade identities of various parties, including those of Mattel (collectively, “Trademarks”); and (iii) other forms of intellectual property (all of the foregoing, collectively “Content”).
- Ownership. The Website (including past, present, and future versions) and the Content are owned or controlled by Mattel and our licensors and certain other third parties. All right, title, and interest in and to the Content available via the Website is the property of Mattel or our licensors or certain other third parties, and is protected by Law of Indonesia and international copyright, trademark, patent, or other intellectual property rights and laws to the fullest extent possible. Mattel owns a copyright in the selection, compilation, assembly, arrangement, and enhancement of the Content on the Website.
- Limited License. Subject to your strict compliance with this User Agreement and the Additional Terms, Mattel grants you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to (i) download (temporary storage only), display, view, use, play, and/or print one copy of the Content (excluding source and object code in raw form or otherwise, other than as made available to access and use via a standard web browser to enable display) on a personal computer, mobile phone or other wireless device, or other Internet enabled device (each, an “Internet Device”) for your personal, non-commercial use only, and (ii) to use certain Content that we may from time to time make available on the Website explicitly for you for use as part of your User-Generated Content, but only for such purposes as may be explicitly stated at the time that the Mattel Licensed Elements are made available on the Website; but we and our licensors and certain other third parties, as the case may be, retain ownership of such Mattel Licensed Elements. The foregoing limited license (i) does not give you any ownership of, or any other intellectual property interest in, any Content, and (ii) may be immediately suspended or terminated for any reason, in Mattel’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability. In some instances, we may permit you to have greater access to and use of Content and/or Mattel Licensed Elements, subject to certain Additional Terms.
- Rights of Others. In using the Website, you must respect the intellectual property and other rights of Mattel and others. Your unauthorized use of Content may violate copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, communications, and other laws, and any such use may result in your personal liability, including potential criminal liability. Mattel respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been infringed by means of an improper posting or distribution of it via the Website, then please see Section 5 below.
2. Website and Content Use Restrictions.
- Website Use Restrictions. You agree that you will not: (a) use the Website for any commercial or political purpose (including for purposes of advertising, soliciting funds, collecting product prices, and selling products); (b) use any meta tags or any other “hidden text” utilizing any Mattel trademarks or trade names; (c) engage in any activities through or in connection with the Website that seek to attempt to or do harm any individuals or entities or are unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party, or are otherwise objectionable to Mattel; (d) reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, reverse assemble, or modify any Website source or object code or any software or other products, services, or processes accessible through any portion of the Website; (e) engage in any activity that interferes with a user’s access to the Website or the proper operation of the Website, or otherwise causes harm to the Website, Mattel, or other users of the Website; (f) interfere with or circumvent any security feature of the Website or any feature that restricts or enforces limitations on use of or access to the Website, the Content, or the User-Generated Content; or (g) otherwise violate this User Agreement or any Additional Terms.
- Content Use Restrictions. You also agree that, in using the Content : (a) you will not monitor, gather, copy, or distribute such Content (except as may be a result of standard search engine or activity or use of a standard Internet browser) on the Website by using any robot, rover, “bot”, spider, scraper, crawler, spyware, engine, device, software, extraction tool, or any other automatic device, utility, or manual process of any kind; (b) you will not frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any such Content (including any images, text, or page layout); (c) you will keep intact all trademark, copyright, and other intellectual property notices contained in such Content; (d) you will not use such Content in a manner that suggests an unauthorized association with any of our or our licensors’ products, services, or brands; (e) you will not make any modifications to such Content (other than to the extent of your permitted use of the Mattel Licensed Elements, if applicable); (f) you will not modify, reproduce, archive, sell, lease, rent, exchange, create derivative works from, publish by hard copy or electronic means, publicly perform, display, disseminate, distribute, broadcast, retransmit, circulate to any third party or on any third-party website, or otherwise use or exploit such Content in any way for any purpose except as specifically permitted by this User Agreement or any Additional Terms or with the prior written consent of an officer of Mattel or, in the case of Content from a licensor, the owner of the Content; or (g) you will not insert any code or product to manipulate such Content in any way that adversely affects any user experience.
- Availability of Website and Content. Mattel may immediately suspend or terminate the availability of the Website and Content (and any elements and features of them) for any reason, in Mattel’s sole discretion, and without advance notice or liability (except as set forth in Section 9 below or any Additional Terms).
- Reservation of All Rights Not Granted as to Content and Website. This User Agreement and any Additional Terms include only narrow, limited grants of rights to Content and to use and access the Website. No right or license may be construed, under any legal theory, by implication, estoppel, industry custom, or otherwise. All rights not expressly granted to you are reserved by Mattel and its licensors and other third parties. Any unauthorized use of any Content or the Website for any purpose is prohibited.
3. Links by You to the Website.
We grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-assignable, personal, and non-transferable license to create hyperlinks to the Website, so long as: (a) the links only incorporate text, and do not use any trademark graphics that are owned or licensed to Mattel, (b) the links and the content on your website do not suggest any affiliation with Mattel or cause any other confusion, and (c) the links and the content on your website do not portray Mattel or its products or services in a false, misleading, derogatory, or otherwise offensive matter, and do not contain content that is inappropriate for children or that is unlawful, offensive, obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, threatening, harassing, or abusive, or that violate any right of any third party or are otherwise objectionable to Mattel. Mattel reserves the right to suspend or prohibit linking to the Website for any reason, in its sole discretion, without advance notice or any liability of any kind to you or any third party.
4. Linked-To Websites; Advertisements; Dealings with Third Parties.
- Linked Websites; Advertisements. The Website may contain links, as part of third party ads on the Website or otherwise, to or from third-party websites (“Linked Websites”), including websites operated by advertisers, licensors, licensees, and certain other third parties who may have business relationships with Mattel. Mattel may have no control over the content, operations, policies, terms, or other elements of Linked Websites, and Mattel does not assume any obligation to review any Linked Websites. Mattel does not endorse, approve, or sponsor any Linked Websites, or any third party content, advertising, information, materials, products, services, or other items. Mattel disclaims all liability in connection therewith. Any activities you engage in connection with any of the same are subject to the privacy and other policies, terms and conditions of use, and rules issued by the operator of the Linked Websites. Mattel disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- Dealings with Third Parties. Any interactions, correspondence, transactions, and other dealings that you have with any third parties found on or through the Website (including on or via Linked Websites or advertisements) are solely between you and the third party (including issues related to the content of third party advertisements, payments, delivery of goods, warranties (including product warranties), privacy and data security, and the like). Mattel disclaims all liability in connection therewith.
- Wireless Features. The Website may offer certain features and services that are available to you via your wireless Internet Device. These features and services may include the ability to access the Website’s features and upload content to the Website, receive messages from the Website, and download applications to your wireless Internet Device (collectively, “Wireless Features”). Standard messaging, data, and other fees may be charged by your carrier to participate in Wireless Features. Fees and charges may appear on your wireless bill or be deducted from your pre-paid balance. Your carrier may prohibit or restrict certain Wireless Features and certain Wireless Features may be incompatible with your carrier or wireless Internet Device. You should check with your carrier to find out what plans are available and how much they cost. Contact your carrier with questions regarding these issues.
6. DISCLAIMER OF REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK.
THE WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", "AS AVAILABLE", AND "WITH ALL FAULTS" BASIS. Therefore, to the fullest extent permissible by law, Mattel, Inc. and its subsidiaries and each of their respective employees, directors, members, managers, shareholders, agents, vendors, licensors, licensees, contractors, customers, successors, and assigns (collectively, "Mattel Parties") hereby disclaim and make no representations, warranties, endorsements, or promises, express or implied, as to:
- the Website
- the functions, features, or any other elements on, or made accessible through, the Website;
- any products, services, or instructions offered or referenced at or linked through the Website (except for any specific warranties provided in additional terms provided by a Mattel Party who is also a product manufacturer that are included with a product that you purchase from us);
- whether the Website or the servers that make the Website available are free from any harmful components (including viruses, trojan horses, and other technologies that could adversely impact your Internet Device);
- whether the information (including any instructions) on the Website is accurate, complete, correct, adequate, useful, timely, or reliable;
- whether any defects to the Website will be repaired; and
- whether your use of the Website is lawful in any particular jurisdiction.
EXCEPT FOR ANY SPECIFIC WARRANTIES PROVIDED IN ADDITIONAL TERMS PROVIDED BY A MATTEL PARTY WHO IS ALSO A PRODUCT MANUFACTURER THAT ARE INCLUDED WITH A PRODUCT THAT YOU PURCHASE FROM US, MATTEL PARTIES FURTHER HEREBY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR MISAPPROPRIATION OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES, TITLE, CUSTOM, TRADE, QUIET ENJOYMENT, SYSTEM INTEGRATION, AND FREEDOM FROM COMPUTER VIRUS.
Some jurisdictions limit or do not allow the disclaimer of implied or other warranties so the above disclaimers may not apply to the extent such jurisdictions’ laws are applicable.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY OF MATTEL PARTIES.
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY MATTEL PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, including personal injury or death or for any direct, indirect, economic, exemplary, special, punitive, incidental, or consequential losses or damages that are directly or indirectly related to:
- the Website;
- your use of or inability to use Website, or the performance of the Website;
- any action taken in connection with an investigation by Mattel Parties or law enforcement authorities regarding your access to or use of the Website;
- any action taken in connection with copyright or other intellectual property owners or other rights owners;
- any errors or omissions in the Website’s technical operation; or
- any damage to any user’s computer, hardware, software, modem, or other equipment or technology, including damage from any security breach or from any virus, bugs, tampering, fraud, error, omission, interruption, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer line, or network failure or any other technical or other malfunction, including losses or damages in the form of lost profits, loss of goodwill, loss of data, work stoppage, accuracy of results, or equipment failure or malfunction.
The foregoing limitations of liability will apply even if any of the foregoing events or circumstances were foreseeable and even if Mattel Parties were advised of or should have known of the possibility of such losses or damages, regardless of whether you bring an action of contract, negligence, strict liability, or tort (including whether caused, in whole or in part, by negligence, acts of God, telecommunications failure, or destruction of the Website).
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages of the sort that are described above, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
EXCEPT AS MAY BE PROVIDED IN ANY ADDITIONAL TERMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF MATTEL PARTIES TO YOU, FOR ALL POSSIBLE DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THIS USER AGREEMENT, EXCEED AN AMOUNT EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT YOU HAVE PAID MATTEL IN CONNECTION WITH THE TRANSACTION(S) THAT UNDERLY THE CLAIM(S); PROVIDED, HOWEVER, THIS PROVISION WILL NOT APPLY IF A TRIBUNAL WITH APPLICABLE JURISDICTION FINDS SUCH TO BE UNCONSCIONABLE. FOR PURPOSES OF CLARITY, THE PRIOR SENTENCE DOES NOT EXPAND OR LIMIT ANY PRODUCT WARRANTY THAT IS PROVIDED BY A MANUFACTURER OF A PHYSICAL PRODUCT.
8. General Provisions.
- Updates to User Agreement. Mattel reserves the right to modify this User Agreement and any Additional Terms, at any time without prior notice (“Updated Terms”). You agree that we may notify you of the Updated Terms by posting them on the Website so that they are accessible via a link on the Website, and that your use of the Website after we post the Updated Terms (or engaging in such other conduct as we may reasonably specify) constitutes your agreement to the Updated Terms. Therefore, you should review this User Agreement and any Additional Terms on a regular and frequent basis. The Updated Terms will be effective as of the time that Mattel posts them on the home page of the Website, or such later date as may be specified in them.
- Mattel's Consent or Approval. As to any provision in this User Agreement or any Additional Terms that grants Mattel a right of consent or approval, or permits Mattel to exercise a right in its “sole discretion”, Mattel may exercise that right in its sole and absolute discretion. No Mattel consent or approval may be deemed to have been granted by Mattel without being in writing and signed by an officer of Mattel.
- Applicable Law. This User Agreement and any Additional Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with, and any Dispute and Excluded Dispute will be resolved in accordance with, the laws of Indonesia, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions.
- Indemnity. You agree to, and you hereby, defend, indemnify, and hold Mattel Parties harmless from and against any and all claims, damages, losses, costs, investigations, liabilities, judgments, fines, penalties, settlements, interest, and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) that directly or indirectly arise from or are related to any claim, suit, action, demand, or proceeding made or brought against any Mattel Party, or on account of the investigation, defense, or settlement thereof, arising out of or in connection with: (i) your use of the Website and your activities in connection with the Website; (ii) your breach or anticipatory breach of this User Agreement or any Additional Terms; (iii) your violation or anticipatory violation of any laws, rules, regulations, codes, statutes, ordinances, or orders of any governmental and quasi-governmental authorities in connection with your use of the Website or your activities in connection with the Websites; (iv) information or material transmitted through your Internet Device, even if not submitted by you, that infringes, violates, or misappropriates any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent, publicity, privacy, or other right of any person or entity; (v) any misrepresentation made by you; (vii) your purported “ownership” of any usage subscriptions or virtual items; and (viii) the increase or decrease in “value” or loss of usage subscriptions or virtual items if Mattel deletes, terminates, or modifies them (all of the foregoing, “Claims and Losses”). You will cooperate as fully required by Mattel Parties in the defense of any Claim and Losses. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Mattel Parties retain the exclusive right to settle, compromise, and pay any and all Claims and Losses. Mattel Parties reserve the right to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims and Losses. You will not settle any Claims and Losses without, in each instance, the prior written consent of an officer of a Mattel Party.
- Operation of Website; Availability of Products and Services; International Issues. Mattel controls and operates the Website from its offices in Indonesia. Mattel makes no representation that the Website is appropriate or available for use beyond the Law of Indonesia. If you use the Website from other locations, you are doing so of your own initiative and are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws regarding your online conduct and acceptable content, if and to the extent local laws apply. Subject to the terms of this User Agreement, we reserve the right to limit the availability of, restrict access to, or discontinue the Website and/or any content, program, product, service, or other feature described or available on the Website to any person, entity, geographic area, or jurisdiction, at any time and in our sole discretion, and to limit the quantities of any content, program, product, service, or other feature that we provide. Some content, programs, services, or features may be available on this Website only on a subscription or fee basis. You and we disclaim any application to this User Agreement of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods.
- Severability; Interpretation. If any provision of this User Agreement, or any Additional Terms, is for any reason deemed invalid, unlawful, void, or unenforceable by a court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction, then that provision will be deemed severable from this User Agreement or the Additional Terms, and the invalidity of the provision will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of this User Agreement or the Additional Terms (which will remain in full force and effect). To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree to waive, and you hereby waive, any applicable statutory and common law that may permit a contract to be construed against its drafter. Wherever the word “including” is used in this User Agreement or any Additional Terms, the word will be deemed to mean “including, without limitation,”.
- Communications. When you communicate with us electronically, such as via e-mail and text message, you consent to receive communications from us electronically. Please note that, we are not obligated to respond to inquiries that we receive. You agree that all agreements, notices, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
- Investigations; Cooperation with Law Enforcement; Termination; Survival. Mattel reserves the right, without any limitation, to: (i) investigate any suspected breaches of its Website security or its information technology or other systems or networks, (ii) investigate any suspected breaches of this User Agreement and any Additional Terms, (iii) investigate any information obtained by Mattel in connection with reviewing law enforcement databases or complying with criminal laws, (iv) involve and cooperate with law enforcement authorities in investigating any of the foregoing matters, (v) prosecute violators of this User Agreement and any Additional Terms, and (vi) discontinue the Website, in whole or in part, or, except as may be expressly set forth in any Additional Terms, suspend or terminate your access to it, in whole or in part, including any user accounts or registrations, at any time, without notice, for any reason and without any obligation to you or any third party. Any suspension or termination will not affect your obligations to Mattel under this User Agreement or any Additional Terms. Upon suspension or termination of your access to the Website, or upon notice from Mattel, all rights granted to you under this User Agreement or any Additional Terms will cease immediately, and you agree that you will immediately discontinue use of the Website. The provisions of this User Agreement and any Additional Terms, which by their nature should survive your suspension or termination will survive, including the rights and licenses you grant to Mattel in this User Agreement, as well as the indemnities, releases, disclaimers, and limitations on liability and the provisions regarding jurisdiction, choice of law, no class action, and mandatory arbitration.
- Assignment. Mattel may assign its rights and obligations under this User Agreement and any Additional Terms, in whole or in part, to any party at any time without any notice. This User Agreement and any Additional Terms may not be assigned by you, and you may not delegate your duties under them, without the prior written consent of an officer of Mattel.
- No Waiver. Except as expressly set forth in this User Agreement or any Additional Terms, (i) no failure or delay by you or Mattel in exercising any of rights, powers, or remedies under will operate as a waiver of that or any other right, power, or remedy, and (ii) no waiver or modification of any term of this User Agreement or any Additional Terms will be effective unless in writing and signed by the party against whom the waiver or modification is sought to be enforced.